API Careers at Alpha Group AI - Join Our Talented Team
This is a fully remote position, full-time, with flexible working hours and workarrangements
AlphaGroup is part of the “Intelligent Accounting” era, we integrate artificialintelligence into clients existing ERP solutions in order to automate accountingand provide advisory, business insight, and eventually business foresight
We’re an early-stage start-up, founded by Yale and Harvard graduates withseveral successful start-ups behind them. We’re US-based, but our team isglobal, from Australia to California. We’re bringing AI to Finance and Accountingbecause the industry is ripe for automation and big-data insight and the market ishuge: $200B just in the US.
Our main office locations is in Miami. We have a well-established remote-workculture, and over 50% of our team are working fully remote
We are revolutionizing how financial back-office automation and B2B spendworks.... a mind-meltingly large market. We are a talented, hard-driving team ledby experienced entrepreneurs. If you're an experienced operator who approachesyour work with enthusiasm, come build with us, you'll fit right in.
• 8 years of software development experience with expertise in Java.
• Strong knowledge of design patterns, data structures and softwareengineering best practices.
• Extensive Experience with traditional databases and APIs.
• Experience with Web Services (REST) and microservices preferred.
• Must have developed middle-tier or backend java apps for web applications.
• Some working experience with bash /python script programming ispreferred.
• Some experience with Hibernate or Object relation mapping frameworks.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Familiarity with the JSON, XML.
• Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in building performant, easy to use, well-monitored, and welltested APIs, designing efficient data flows, communicating clearly, sharingknowledge, and questioning existing solutions.
• Team player.
• Fluent in English.
• Analyze, design, develop, code and implement programs in one or moreprogramming languages, for Web and Rich Internet Applications.
• Support applications with an understanding of system integration, testplanning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
• Assess the health and performance of software applications and databases.
• Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with business units,customers and subject matter experts in order to remain apprised ofdirection, project status, architectural and technology trends, risks, andfunctional/integration issues.
• Define specifications and develop programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
• Analyze program and application performance using various programminglanguages, tools and techniques
• Provide guidance to non-technical staff in using software and hardwaresystems most effectively and efficiently.
• Review project proposals, evaluate alternatives, provide estimates and makerecommendations.
• Designs and defines specifications for systems.
• Identify potential process improvement areas and suggests options andrecommend approaches.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalentexperienc.
• 5+ years of experience in a computing environment with multipleprogramming languages.
• Web Technologies (DHTML, AJAX, etc.)
• Experience with design and development of REST API platform usingApigee/APIM, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa.
• Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
• Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching,logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc. using Apigee
• Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as in Oracle, MySQL.
• Experience with Unix, Linux Operating Systems.
• Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes.
• Knowledge of Jira, Git/SVN, Jenkins
• Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML orsimilar tools desirable
• Experience with Integration frameworks (e.g., Mule, Camel) desirable
What We Offer
• Opportunity to influence the solution development of cutting edge AItechnology in the fastest growing space in finance
• A company where you can grow and thrive.
As an employee first culture, AlphaGroup.ai also offers in person retreats toemployees. We love connecting in person as a remote-first company. We make ita benefit to our employees to come together and be able to celebrate ouraccomplishments, work together in person, and enjoy team building activities! Weare planning to hold company retreats multiple times a year to keep ourAlphaGroup community strong
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on our AI technology andnew career opportunities to join our teams.
Acceptance and inclusion for everyone is at the heart of our company. We strivefor diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entirealphagroup.ai community. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.